When it comes to acne and blemishes, niacinamide steps up to the plate.
It’s hard to imagine that this vitamin B3 has time to deal with acne when it’s already working hard to improve hydration, reduce signs of ageing, minimise pores and fade hyperpigmentation. That’s before we even get into niacinamide’s starring role– strengthening the skin’s lipid barrier to defend against pollutants that clog the skin, while locking in much-needed moisture to leave your skin plumped-up, dewy and smooth.
It's easy to see why Niacinamide is called skincare’s mega multi-tasker, but how does niacinamide help acne?
- First, it’s a powerhouse in regulating oil (sebum) production. Too much oil can clog pores and lead to acne. Niacinamide serums helps stop oil production from going into overdrive, which in turn helps prevent blemishes from appearing in the first place. It’s a game-changer when it comes to improving skin clarity over time.
- Niacinamide treatments strengthens the skin’s lipid barrier. A strong skin barrier acts like a shield to prevent fewer environmental pollutants and toxins from penetrating the skin. This better protects your skin against inflammation, sensitivity and clogged pores that can lead to acne.
- The bacteria-fighting properties are incredibly effective in unclogging pores and reducing blemishes.
- One of the major causes of acne is inflammation. Niacinamide helps reduce the swelling and redness of acne, and can lead to fewer blemishes over time.
- Niacinamide acne treatment works wonders on hyperpigmentation. It reduces the transfer of melanin from pigment cells to your skin cells, which is not only helpful for skin conditions like melasma, it’s also super powerful in fading and evening out acne and blemish scars.
- This wonder vitamin is suitable for pretty much every skin type and age. Because Niacinamide is so gentle on the skin, it’s a great pre-treatment to help you tolerate more potent actives like salicylic acid, in the treatment of acne.
So, if you're after plump, smooth skin with less sensitivity, acne and a more even skin tone, niacinamide is for you.
Our Hydro-Bound Daily Serum blends Niacinamide with a Bio-Lifting Complex to empower the skin to rebuild and improve its own structure for a firmer and smoother complexion - and so many other benefits!
Need something more? For a supersonic power clean that leaves skin feeling ultra clean, healthy and refreshed, why not try FaceGym's Clean + Lift workout? This workout boosts FaceGym's Signature Sculpt with Skin IV™️ technology to deeply cleanse and unclog blocked pores and exfoliate dead skin cells and dirt from the skin’s surface. Packed with a fusion of vitamins, peptides and acids and lymphatic drainage benefits, the Clean + Lift workout works wonders in improving skin texture and tone.
A quick note– if you’ve got broken and irritated skin or open pustules, then this isn’t the workout for you. We can help you tackle acne with our Signature Sculpt workout for now, and save Clean + Lift for preventing future breakouts a little further down the line.