Every year there seems to be a skincare ingredient breakthrough, but only some genuinely change the game. Niacinamide - also known as Vitamin B3 - is definitely one of those gamechangers.
Skin benefits of Niacinamide
If you're new to this wonderful vitamin, you're probably wondering exactly what are the benefits of this breakthrough ingredient?
Well, whether your skin concerns are elasticity, post-acne marks, dullness, sensitivity or texture, Niacinamide is the mega multi-tasker of skincare.
There’s not much that Niacinamide doesn’t work on - it can be used to treat acne, hyperpigmentation, excess sebum production, reduce the signs of skin ageing, minimise visible pores, and to top it off, its major benefit is strengthening the skin’s lipid barrier.
Why Is A Strong Lipid Barrier So Important?
A strong skin barrier acts as a shield to prevent fewer environmental pollutants and toxins from penetrating the skin. This boosts your skin's protection against inflammation, sensitivity and clogged pores that can lead to excess oil production and acne.
The result? Strengthening this important skin barrier improves skin texture and boosts the glow factor of dull skin. It's like an answered prayer for blemish-prone skin or sensitive skin.
Niacinamide For Oily Skin
When it comes to oil-control, this is where Niacinamide really brings its A-game.
- Niacinamide is a powerhouse in regulating oil (sebum) production. Too much oil can clog pores, cause inflammation and lead to acne. Niacinamide helps stop oil production from going into overdrive, which in turn helps prevent blemishes from appearing in the first place. It’s a game-changer when it comes to improving skin clarity over time, so if you suffer from blemishes or acne-prone skin, it could well be your new beauty BFF.
- Its bacteria-fighting properties are incredibly effective in unclogging pores and reducing blemishes.
- One of the major issues of excess oil is inflammation which leads to acne. Niacinamide serums help reduce the swelling and redness of acne, and can lead to fewer blemishes over time and improved skin texture.
- Niacinamide toners are brilliant at minimising pores. Pores always look larger when they are clogged with dirt, oil and dead skin. Niacinamide’s oil-reducing qualities mean that with less oil, your pores appear smaller. Smaller pores give the appearance of a smoother, more even skin tone.
- This multi-tasking vitamin is not just for oily skin - it's suitable for pretty much every skin type and age, and it’s compatible with all skincare ingredients. It’s easy to work this wonder into any skincare routine, and it’s especially effective at helping prepare skin for potent actives like salicylic acid if you’re treating excess oil conditions like acne.
Our Favourite Niacinamide Serum
Our Hydro-Bound Daily Serum contains both Niacinamide and Hyaluronic Acid, encouraging the skin to rebuild and improve its own structure for firmer skin and a smoother complexion - and so many other skin care benefits!
While we recommend this beauty for its many benefits in combatting oily skin concerns, it can also be a treat for sensitive or dry skin, and its anti-inflammatory effects can even work to boost skin elasticity.We also recommend trying our FaceGym's Clean + Lift Workout for an ultra-clean, healthy and refreshed complexion. FaceGym's Signature Sculpt Workout is amplified with exclusive SKIN IV™ technology to deeply cleanse and unclog blocked pores and instantly boost hydration with a vitamin infusion that leaves skin deeply cleansed and powerfully revitalised.