Due to their tight fit, humidity from your breath and a higher temperature increasing sweat production, wearing a face mask for a prolonged period can lead to spots and blemishes. Here are a few top tips on how you can minimise these effects...
Maskne Skincare Routine?
- Pick an antibacterial and breathable face covering that protects your health and your skin. FaceGym's Ionized Copper Face Mask is crafted from a copper-infused five-layer cotton blend that fights off viruses and germs, even after repeated washing. This reusable, adjustable and anti-static face mask won’t irritate or inflame the skin.
- Wash your mask often - and without fabric conditioner. As the face-covering will absorb all the sweat, dust, and sebum, it becomes the perfect breeding ground for bacteria so it is important to wash your mask daily. The tight-fitting nature of the masks will cause the conditioner to rub off on your skin leaving traces of conditioning agents & perfume behind that can potentially cause more irritation.
- Cleanse your face thoroughly after using your mask. You want to remove the sweat and sebum without stripping your skin to ensure that bacteria do not have a fighting chance to cause havoc. Why not try FaceGym's Electro-Lite Gel Cleanser? It's lightweight gel-to-foam formula is gentle enough for daily use and includes exfoliating Biotech Enzyme and Hydroclay that work together to deeply cleanse, refine and balance skin.
- Wear minimal makeup under the mask. This ensures there is little to no makeup rubbing off on your mask that can then transfer all over your face whilst you’re touching, removing and reapplying the mask. Try to only use foundation or concealer in the areas where you need it the most.
- Don’t skip the moisturiser. Friction caused by wearing a face covering can lead to dryness and irritation, both of which can be alleviated with a thin layer of moisturiser.
- When using spot treatments, only apply them directly on the spots as they can be very drying on the rest of the skin.