Microneedling is a procedure that uses fine needles to puncture the skin, creating a controlled skin injury for the ultimate cellular rejuvenation. It is extremely helpful in diminishing the appearance of scarring, pore size and stretch marks as well as boosting the production of collagen and elastin to plump out fine lines and wrinkles, even out skin texture, improve pigment issues and help to achieve the ultimate hydration!
Either a clinic microneedling facialor microneedling at home, the procedure can be used all over the body. Strength of results can vary depending on the depth of needles used – ranging from 0.25mm to upwards of 2.5, and the technique involved; stamping or rolling. The prospect of needle wounds can seem slightly invasive, however, the technique is more known as multiple pin-pricks entering at the skins surface level. Microneedling isn’t a quick a fix, it takes time to notice the difference due to the body healing itself and only after multiple treatments can long-lasting results be seen.
Our Limited Edition FaceGym's Hyaluronic Roller Microneedling Tool is made up of 3,000 dissolving microneedles filled with pro-grade Hyaluronic acid and peptides, at a 0.25mm depth. Working with a 2 step approach, the roller is first used on dry skin for up to 5 minutes, working to open up the micro channels in the skin. The second step involves misting the skin and applying a hydrating serum such as Hyaluronic acid and antioxidants, repeating the rolling for another 5 minutes. The crystallised serum sinks deeply into the skin when it comes in contact with moisture for a stronger, deeper effect. You will feel when the treatment is complete when all the microneedles have dissolved from the roller head.
How To Use A Microneedling Roller?
- Use your roller in the evening when you do not need to apply anything else to the skin, letting it breathe post-treatment.
- Avoid using active ingredients 5 days pre and postmicroneedling treatment, as well as during.
- Make sure skin is prepped correctly to begin, clean dry skin with all residue from cleanser removed.
- Roll in upwards and outwards motions covering the full area of the face and neck, making sure to lift the roller and replace positions, not dragging the skin.
- Use a light to medium pressure, letting the tool do the work for you.
- When applying your mist and chosen hydrating serum prop your roller handle up in a glass to ensure the roller head isn't contaminated.
- Concentrate on any areas you want to plump out and enhance, for example, frown lines or laughter lines.
- Keep hydrated internally and topically to speed up the healing process.
- Wear SPF every day during the treatment period.