Squalane is a hydrocarbon that is a natural compound in your sebum which makes it super compatible with the skin. It is most commonly derived from olive oil or sugar cane and helps relipidise and bring moisture back in the skin.
What Does Squalane Do?
- Protects from the loss of moisture
- Improves skin structure by keeping it elastic
- Stable molecule meaning that it is not prone to oxidation or ‘going off’ as quickly as other natural oil
- Powerful anti-ageing properties
- Anti-inflammatory benefits to help with skin conditions such as acne and eczema
What Skin Types Will Benefit From Squalane?
Squalane oils are a lightweight and non-greasy texture yet super hydrating which makes it ideal for sensitive and dry skin, or those who feel that traditional face oils break them out.
Squalane cleansers regulate oil production making them an ideal choice for those with oily skin too. As our sebum levels decrease with age, squalane is also great for more mature skin as it keeps the surface supple.
Works well with? EVERYTHING! It’s a super ingredient that plays well with others.